Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Episode 192 - Monogamous Knitter?


On the Needles
-A Little Bit Tipsy socks

On the Wheel
-Crown Mountain Farms (business is closed) superwash merino in We Are the Champions

Pokey Things
-Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's 2012 Winter Sampler

Various & Sundry
-Hubby's slippers are fulled/felted, but I'm going to send them through one more time to see if I can lose some of the stitch definition and shrink them a bit more.
-I seem to have become a monogamous knitter/spinner/stitcher...let's see how long this lasts!
-Is this the year of sweater redemption? Four years after the sweater burning incident of 2011, I'm finally feeling like reknitting my Kauni cardigan!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering when you were going to reknit your sweater. I am sure it will turn out beautifully. The slippers look great and will turn out perfectly once you put them into the washer again. Can you put them in with denim jeans to felt them as it might felt them a lot more with the heavier fabric. I was wondering since you are in Colorado are you near knittingden or knitabulls. They both live in beautiful parts and I love seeing the snowfall. I hope that you find some more knitting time too, what a pity that you cant knit at work. I was never allowed to knit at work if things were slow either, only on my lunch break which hardly ever happened as I was normally rushing around doing errands and eating my lunch. I hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carin--just a tip for your cross stitch sampler: if you don't have enough fabric to stretch it out for framing, sew strips of cotton quilt fabric around the edges to make it bigger. I used a good utility zig zag stitch, and rather than sewing fronts together with a seam, I lapped the quilt fabric under the edge of my sampler by a little more than 1/4-inch, then used the multi-stich zig zag to sew it firmly in place. This is a tip I got from a friend who owned a frame shop quite a few years ago! Genius!!! PS: love that you're podcasting again!

    ReplyDelete